[Sca-cooks] period mention or use of catnip?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Dec 29 16:09:04 PST 2004

Maire commented:
> Mac, my orange/marmalade/ginger kitty, says to tell everyone that he
> scored multiple presents involving catnip, so he's a happy boy! ;o) He
> figures that since it's an herb, and he ets it, it's safe to mention on
> the list!
Which begs the question, Was catnip mentioned in period? Was it
mentioned in connection with cats? Or is there some other use of this
herb which has now gone out style or has been submerged in the idea of
giving it to your pet cat?

Over the years I've had cats that go crazy for catnip. Rolling around
with a catnip filled toy or in the catnip. And others that sniff it,
and seem to be saying "So?, What do you want me to do with this?"

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com