[Sca-cooks] Fair feast budget

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 20:11:36 PST 2004

--- Micheal <dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote:

>  You know at 69 cents a loaf its kind of hard to beat store bought  variety
> breads. Unless your doing specialty breads I don`t see anything wrong with
> buying it.
>  Da
>  Can oh worms what.

In defense of this position, I will merely point out that in the last decade or so, major chain
supermarkets *have* made leaping strides in their bakery departments (at least in my
neighborhood), and are now putting out some decent 'Artisan' style breads.  In addition, many have
started to carry true Artisan loaves made by established craft bakeries.  And, many of them are
almost (almost) cheap enough to give the home hearth a run for it's money.

Of course, in opposition to this position, I feel compelled to say "WHAT????"

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.