[Sca-cooks] Baking Bread for Feasts (was Fair feast budget)

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 2 13:04:40 PST 2004

Micaylah scripsit:

> I find it enjoyable to bake bread from scratch but when it comes to
> big-small feasts, food groups, etc. I rely on my bread machine to help.
> (Yes, I just heard the collective gasp of the bread purists - lol)

Guess I'm not a bread purist, then. I no longer have the strength to knead
dough in quantity, so I too use the dough setting on my bread machine. I
make two 12-ounce loaves per batch, one loaf serves six nicely. I think the
most I've done was something like 60 loaves, made ahead and frozen over the
course of several weeks.

Cynara