[Sca-cooks] Bear's breads (was Fair feast budget)

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 15:26:37 PST 2004

Bear,

When you get a chance, please post the recipe for the Finnish Cardamom bread.

Thanks,

Samrah, a hopeless cardamom freak!

Terry Decker <t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> What types of bread do you make for feasts?
> (probably want the short list on that question!)
>
> thank you,
> Simon Hondy

One pound loaves of manchet and rye of various types are what I do most
commonly as they are documentable. I have also prepared barley bread, an I
talian almond bread, rosemary bread, Finnish cardomom bread, some odd malt
loaves, panettone, stollen, oatmeal raisin, honey wheat and so on. The
precise choices depend on the cook (I sometimes act as baker for other
people's feasts), the theme of the feast, and the authenticity desired.

Bear