[Sca-cooks] Background for 'Cthulu' rolls [OT] [Was: HAPPYTHANKSGIVING]

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Fri Dec 3 12:45:04 PST 2004

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com wrote:

> >  >Not to mention the T-shirt I got my son last year for
> >  >Christmas:  Imagine Cthulhu drawn in the style of
> >  >"Hello Kitty"...it says "Hello Cthulhu" on it.

How strange does that make me (us) if I speculate about
a possible filk, on "Hello Darkness, My Old Friend"?

> >>Pretty strange
> >>
> >ACK!!!
> >
> >I want one!!!  where'd yoyu get it?
> >
> >Capt Elias
> >-Renaissance Geek of the Seven Seas
> >
> A websearch found the shirt here, I've no connection with
> them, etc.
> http://www.cafepress.com/cp/browse/Ne-25_pv-hellocthulhu.4203908_p-12_N-3641_bt-2
>
> Ranvaig
> (and I wont mention Pokethulu)

OK, you didn't mention 'Pokethulu'. <g> But when I asked
Google's ravens, they led me to these words in pale lime
green on black saying, "Hellishly cute eldritch horrors"

(please note, ob food reference <g>)

... and there, seeing that word 'eldritch', I was reminded
of Clark Ashton Smith, a contemporary of Howard Phillips
Lovecraft (the writer, not the detective  <g>).

Clark Ashton Smith - The Eldritch Dark
www.eldritchdark.com/

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick