[Sca-cooks] Suggestions Needed

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 7 04:11:23 PST 2004

Morses3 at aol.com wrote:

>As a new SCA cook, I've been cooking various recipes at home to experiment,
>but my family is starting to beg me for meat loaf with ketchup and mashed
>potatoes.....
>
>I'd like to start taking food to our barony meetings for people to try (hey,
>it gives me a reason to cook more medieval food than my family is prepared to
>eat). Does anyone have suggestions for things that would be appropriate and
>would travel to that kind of setting? I'd like to save the stuff that can be
>easily in "bits" for that setting, I'll save the liquid things for home so they
>don't end up on the floor of my car :-) I'm hoping to build a larger group of
>recipes I've tried so I know in the future how to make them well.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Goeffrey de Warenne

I think that anything you feel comfortable in carrying would work.  If
it's something that should be served hot, you can probably use a crock
pot to keep it warm.  If it's a pie that needs to be kept warm, wrap it
in towels or something similar.  I"m sure your group will appreciate
whatever you bring!  I know mine does ..... ;-)

Kiri