[Sca-cooks] Getting discounted foods - was: Menus

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Dec 7 11:15:34 PST 2004

> Getting donations is wonderful if you can manage it.  Vendors can write it
> off on their taxes.  I have tried to get wholesale prices without much luck,
> however.  When we looked into this option, we were told that since we were
> not paying taxes on the other side (i.e. we were not re-selling the food and
> paying tax on that food sale), we had to pay the tax when we bought it.
> Just because we were a non-profit didn't get us a wholesale rating.  Anyone
> else have different results?

Well, Restaurant Depot will let you shop there for a non-profit
organization if you can provide a copy of the group's tax certificate.
Christopher, who is a local group exchequer, is going to follow up on
that with our kingdom to see if we can do that.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't get the facts wrong.  It's everything else I screw up."
    -- _The Librarian: Quest for the Spear_