[Sca-cooks] Vigil in a Hotel

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Dec 7 17:42:20 PST 2004

Anahita asked:
> In fact, it turns out that i'm cooking for Vigils for *two* Laurels
> who are sharing the food and welcome room. The hotel has said "no hot
> food" - so i am having this visual image of filling up a bath tub
> with steaming water and warming food in plastic baggies. I have a new
> crock pot and will probably borrow another one or two for warm
> beverages.
Hmmm. But did the hotel say "no hot food" or did they say "no heating
up the food on-site" or did they say "we offer no facilities to heat up
food on-site"? The impacts of these various statements differ greatly.
> Keeping food cool isn't a big problem as we can bring in coolers. But
> heating food is tricky.
>
> Anyone have any other suggestions for warming food in a hotel room
> besides crock pots and the bath tub?
There is a period solution for this, but somehow I don't think the
hotel is going to like this one either.
no-fire-cook-msg  (14K)  6/ 9/00    Period no-fire and solar cooking.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/no-fire-cook-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas