[Sca-cooks] Cookie Recipe(s) for December 7: Hamantaschen

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 22:08:14 PST 2004

Don't know if these are the exactly same cookie or not, but a Hebrew chef (yep, dear William, he was an aweful lot of things and a working chef was one of 'em ;o)  introduced me to something that sounded like Hamantaschen (with a heavy accent it was hard to be sure.  They were Hamansomething or other, named for the evil character from the Book of Ester of the Bible because he had big ears!)   The cookies were date filled, and the first time I had ever enjoyed dates!

Samrah

"Martin G. Diehl" <mdiehl at nac.net> wrote:

Actually , thick dough folded in from 3 sides, pinched,
but open at the top center and filled with raspberry
preserves, apricot, plum, ...

Sort of an exaggerated Linzer torte.

> Lists wrote:

[snip]

> > And I know it's early to be thinking about Hamantaschen,
> > (or is it ;-)), but this is the best Hamantaschen recipe
> > I've found.

Never too early.