[Sca-cooks] shopping shyness?

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Sat Dec 11 10:35:12 PST 2004

"Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius" wrote:

> Also sprach Kathleen A Roberts:
> >so there we were, each in the checkout line with a cart
> >full of chicken thighs.  this cute little boy looks at
> >us, eyes wide.  he tugs on his mom's blouse and says in
> >that loud clear voice that only
> >children-about-to-embarrass-someone have and said.....
> >
> >"Momma!   They must have millenium fever!"
> >
> >we were hysterical, momma was mortified, and the kid
> >turned his attention back to his candybar.
>
> See, now, if it had been me, I would have tried very
> hard -- harder than you could imagine -- not to say,
> "Oh, no. It's for our pet piranhas, son..."
> I _might_ even have succeeded.
>
> Adamantius

Reminds me of someone I used to see at Celtic Festivals
and also the MD Renaissance Faire ...

He was dressed as a Pict, lots of blue woad on his face
and arms, carrying a spear with a head mounted at the end.

He told me that when kids looked frightened, he would
reassure them it was just a rubber model, fake hair,
even let them touch it ...

And then, "They made me leave the real ones in my car!!!"

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick