[Sca-cooks] A Quote for Anahita

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Dec 17 13:12:22 PST 2004

> >================================================================
> >"The cold truth is that family dinners are more often than not an ordeal of
> >nervous indigestion, preceded by hidden resentment and ennui and
> >accompanied
> >by psychosomatic jitters."
> >
> >M.F.K. Fisher (1908-1992)
>
> Fine as far as it goes, but she left out the distress that succeeds
> the dinner for a couple weeks, due, for the most part, to the bad
> behavior of family members.

To roughly quote something I wrote about our family back in 1986:

"Dinnertimes in our house were awkward even when not actually alarming,
due mostly to our parents' habit of asking us about our days. It would
have been much better to discuss someone else's day, for instance Mother
Teresa's, or Pol Pot's."

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't get the facts wrong.  It's everything else I screw up."
    -- _The Librarian: Quest for the Spear_