[Sca-cooks] Stuffed creatures & Stuffed bread

Melanie Wilson MelanieWilson at dragonflight.co.uk
Sun Dec 19 00:41:11 PST 2004

Thanks Stefan, I've already search your files , of course always a great
place to start ;)

>Oooh. I'd like to hear more about this. This is one I haven't heard of.

There isn't a great deal to tell sadly, no recipe or anything , but it being
sold was interesting I'll dig out the book and type out dates and exactly
what it sayes

>I'd like hear more about this as well as seeing your redaction.

Here is the recipe my daughter Bryony used for her recent feast for her
apprentice level

BRIE EN BRIOCHE

INGREDIENTS  x 5

Makes one very large loaf

15g fresh yeast

70ml milk,lukewarm

15g salt

500g unbleached white bread flour

6 eggs size 3 beaten

250g unsalted butter, softened

2 teaspoons sugur

extra flour for dusting

vegetable oil for greasing bowl

900g whole brie,20-22.5 cm    (8-9)across

1 jar (about 340g/12oz) spiced apricot chutney (optional or vary as needed)

1 egg beaten with 1/2 teaspoon salt for glaze

1)     yeast , milk  beat add salt

2)     add flour and eggs

3)     knead with hook 10 mins

4)     add soften eggs and sugar

5)     rise at room temp 1.5-2 hrs

6)     knock back chill 3-5 hours

7)     wrap cheese and chutney

8)     rise 30-45 mins

9)     cook 190 C 35 mins

Mel

Company, unless specifically stated. You should not copy, forward or
otherwise disclose the contents of this e-mail or any of its attachments
without express consent