[Sca-cooks] Mace and Must Substitute

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 19 11:56:41 PST 2004

--- "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius" <adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:

> Also sprach lilinah at earthlink.net:
> >This is whole, as in unground. The only other mace i find is
> >powdered. It does not look like curls of brown paper. Rather, the
> >mace is entire, complete, cut only enough to get it off the nutmeg.
> >Capiche?
>
> See the illustration at
> http://www.cookeryonline.com/Spice/pages/Nutmeg%20Mace_jpg.htm  .
>
> It doesn't show the mace actually wrapped around the nutmeg, but you
> can get the idea. It appears to be naturally in strips, although
> connected.
>
> Adamantius
> --

The whole mace I have (purchased at All India Sweets and Spices) looks like pale brown webbing.
Long, thin fibers attached to more solid end pieces.  Kind of like a sweet-scented squid or
octopus :)

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.