[Sca-cooks] Water in England

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Sun Dec 19 13:24:52 PST 2004

Was written:

> Does anyone have any documentation on selection of drinking water?

It may sound odd but check out the Heptameron of Margarette of Navarre.
IIRC there is a discussion either between the stories or at the start of in
this regard.  If I am not mistaken the frame for the frame tale has the
tellers unable to travel due to flooding in various rivers.  I can post a
link to an English translation if anyone would like.

The 16th century " A Discription of England" might have something in it as
well since it contains quite a few oddments; i.e. discussions of bread,
cannon then in use, etc. I can post a link to it as well.

Daniel

Daniel