[Sca-cooks] food safe temperature

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Sun Dec 19 18:44:31 PST 2004

Sue Clemenger wrote:

[snip]

> So, if a person (like me) had to cool down some dishes, but
> had really limited fridge space, what would be the best way
> to do it? Cool it on the kitchen counter to a certain temp?
> Cover it and put it out on the (secure) porch (at least in
> winter)?

I have seen a cook's toy which is a bottle made of food
grade plastic and shaped like a paddle.  Fill with water
... freeze ... place into whatever you want to cool ...

I didn't remember the name, but eventually found ...
http://www.nafem.org/publications/foroperators/2003_fall.pdf
(scroll down to the last page and see a "cold paddle" )

> --maire, not figuring on cooking another feast soon, but
> ya never know.....;-)
>
> Bill Fisher wrote:
>
> > *adds some science*

[snip]

> > The things I have to understand for my job....*sighs*

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick