[Sca-cooks] food safe temperature

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 10:57:01 PST 2004

--- Finne Boonen <hennar at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Actually, those soda bottles are perfectly food-grade plastic...otherwise they wouldn't be
> used to
> > hold beverages.  Our local Health Department has no qualms about letting us use them in the
> manner
> > described, and has even suggested them on several occassions.
> >

> But they're often not meant for warm temperatures
>
> Finne

They may not be meant for warm temperatures, but it certainly doesn't hurt them, either.  After
all, the bottle is filled with ice.  I've used them for over a decade, and have never had any
trouble with them.  Meat Sauce, Bechamel, Soup, Iced Tea.... they work fine in everything except
the Fryer...

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.