[Sca-cooks] Re: Sweet bread or cake recipe also Mace

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 20 13:12:58 PST 2004

Vincenzo commented:
> M C Grasse wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > Gwen Cat
>
> When I saw the subject, I thought you meant sweetbreads.
I assume by "sweetbreads" you are talking about organ meats. I didn't
know much about these until this list. How old is the term
"sweetbreads" and how did they get this? They generally don't have
sugar or honey added to them, do they? Nor were they generally breaded,
right?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas