[Sca-cooks] FWD: RE: Ice Distillation in Homes

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 19:08:01 PST 2004

--- Bill Fisher <liamfisher at gmail.com> wrote:

> If anyone has any commentary to add on this, I won't be in this thread
> any longer,
> but you should really read your state and county laws, as they are the ones who
> define the amounts and penalties. Once folks post the local codes, maybe this
> will be a real discussion.

The discussion was originally about whether or not this activity was illegal in my locality, and I
don't believe I ever said that it was legal anywhere else, or made that implication.  My original
e-mail on the subject said 'Illegal?  Not in my neighborhood', which resulted in the numerous
accusatory and, as it turns out, incorrect replies.

Yes, please read your state and county laws, and if you are in doubt or concerned, please ask the
people who made those laws.  Don't just assume that, because you can be arrested for making mead
in one of the states, that the same holds true for yours.  I never said it was legal anywhere save
the state of California...and even then, I wouldn't vouch for anything outside my county.  But,
the original reply holds true....

"Illegal?  Not in my neighborhood"

William de Grandfort
(Guilty of using absurdity to illuminate the absurd)

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.