[Sca-cooks] baked goods / cookie type

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Dec 24 18:47:46 PST 2004

On the basis of the chocolate and vanilla, the recipe is not period.  The
way the ingredients are mixed doesn't feel period to me and it would be more
likely for a dessert of this type to be baked on paper or parchment.  Baking
stones and sheets in this context are more modern than period.  I would say
these are most probably post-period in origin.

It is possible that this is a modern version of an older bake good, but
small cakes (cookies) of this sort begin appearing late in period and I
haven't encountered a similar recipe.

Bear