[Sca-cooks] Helpful Hint From Horatius...

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Dec 25 19:56:50 PST 2004

Adamantius replied:
> Also sprach Sue Clemenger:
> > How about sharing the recipe for the wafers, you spoon tease??! <g>
> > --maire, getting ready to go out for dinner....probably
> > lamb....yummmmmm...
My grocery had a leg of lamb or maybe that was part of a leg of lamb,
on for $5/pound. That is about the lowest I've seen around here. I was
tempted to get it, but I'd already decided on a pair of other dishes, a
green chili stew and Phlip's potatoes/onions/anchovy dish. If they
still have it or more of it on Sunday or Monday, maybe I'll try some
lamb.

I made the green chili stew in a crock-pot last night and it went over
fairly well today. My wife even ate some and liked it. I'll type in the
recipe later. Biggest problem was roasting the tomatillos, which I'd
never done before. I didn't have time to do Phlip's recipe this
morning, so I will do it tonight for another family get-together
tomorrow afternoon.
> I have this locally too, but I just got it from the Florilegium...
>
> <snip>
Good. Now I don't need to go dig it out. :-)
> Served with a key lime mousse I threw together from stuff in the
> fridge and my standard mousse formula -- I'd have to reconstruct a
> recipe from what I did, if such a thing were needful.
Yes, please. Just threw it together with stuff in the fridge... Only
Adamantius and maybe a few others on this list. :-) You actually had a
bunch of key limes at home? Or did you end up using concentrate for
this? I can think of other situations where having this key lime or a
chocolate mousse formula on hand might be useful.
> Awright, gotta go set up Santa's plate of Shanghai spring rolls and
> India Pale Ale (don'tcha think he gets tired of milk and cookies in
> every house?)
Well, with egg nog and Pale Ale at every house he might quickly become
too drunk to handle the sleigh.

> Adamantius, also, by sheer coincidence, fond of both Shanghai spring
> rolls and India Pale Ale
Ummm. Don't get the key lime mousse and the wassabi for the spring
rolls mixed up... :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas