[Sca-cooks] Tips for Better Pies

Lawrence Bayne shonsu_78 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 11:05:42 PST 2004

While apprenticed to a Swiss Master Pastry Chef I was
told, and it proved itself true, that whenever we were
to back a pie with a moist filling we would line the
prebaked shell with cake crumbs, which would help
absorb some of the moisture and keep the bottom crust
from becoming soggy.
Brightest Blessings
Lothar
--- "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at jeffnet.org> wrote:
"for the filling: make it less moist by pre-cooking it
to some extent...I prebaked the crust for about 10
minutes of so enough to dry it a bit, so it doesn't
get waterlogged with the filling."