[Sca-cooks] New Years greetings and a knife question

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 31 17:49:20 PST 2004

--- Susan Laing <paxford at dodo.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Everyone!
>
> Happy New Years to you all - may 2005 bring us all hope and peace.
>
> And on to the Knife question - my Mother-in-law(to be) gifted me with one of
> those curved knives with two wooden handle bits and for the life of me I can
> not remember it's proper name [o'h doppey me]
>
> A little help on this please? :-D
>
> Marion

That's a mezzaluna.  With a little practice, it can be one of your most valuable kitchen tools.
In a wooden bowl, you can make easy work of chopping nuts, garlic, fruit, etc..and on a cutting
board, you can use one of these to mince up chicken and other meats.  I find all kinds of uses for
mine, even using it handle-side down, clamped between two vice grips, to scrape the fat off of a
piece of soon-to-be leather.

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.