[Sca-cooks] container gardening

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Mon Feb 2 09:12:27 PST 2004

Serena commented on container gardening:

I am working on compiling research for a paper on Period Container Gardening
hoping to encourage people in your exact situation. Even if you don't have
"huge tracts of land" you can garden in a period manner.
<<<<<<<<<

Thank you for the evidence of period use of containers for gardening. It stands to reason that it might be period, but I just hadn't considered it. I think a lot of people might be interested in your paper. When you get it done, I would like to consider it for the Florilegium, if you are interested. I can handle pictures and drawings if you have permission to use them.

For those thinking of a garden in a small area, you might also be interested in this article which can be found in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section of the Florilegium:
Herbs-Sm-Grdn-art (32K) 10/10/01    "Medieval Herbs for the Very Small Garden"
                                       by Jadwiga Zajaczkowa.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/Herbs-Sm-Grdn-art.html

Stefan