[Sca-cooks] punishments for spammers/virus writers

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Thu Feb 5 09:47:39 PST 2004

Margali commented:

and did anybody else notice the news? netherlands just nailed 15
nigerian spammers in a raid that one of them got injured jumping out a
window. they plan on inviting them to stay in one of their finer penal
institutions for a long visit, and nigeria would like to invite them for
a similar stay after netherlands is finsihed with them=)
<<<<<
That doesn't sound like enough punishment to me, frankly. I see this as the equivalent of book burning.

Unfortunately, most of the medieval punishments I can think of that would be appropriate are no longer in fashion but to bring this back to our period discussions, there are some that might work in this file in the UNCATALOGUED section of the Florilegium:
punishments-msg   (30K)  9/23/01    Period tortures, executions and punishments.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/UNCAT/punishments-msg.html

Stefan
(A liberal on many issues, but not on all)