Fw: [spca-wascaerfrig] Alexy, please- was Fw: [Sca-cooks] Beets

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Feb 6 07:45:05 PST 2004

OK, Alexy has straightened up some information about beets, greens vs roots,
in the Domestroi- see below. He's a Russian, in Moscow, with a great
interest in SCA and historical cookery- I've cited him before. With any
luck, we'll be bringing him to Pennsic ;-)

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the Domestroi is pretty late-
past most of our period- also, that roots tend to be eaten much more in
Northern areas than greens do.

He does, however, include a transliteration of the words for the greens and
the roots, so that in the Russian the two are quite distinct.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.