[Sca-cooks] cookbook ratings

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 15 12:55:37 PST 2004

Adamantius commented:
 > ...the
 > unfortunate reality is that while she deserves respect as a
 > trailblazer, there are now a _LOT_ more books on this subject than
 > there used to be, and for anyone seriously interested in eating
 > medieval food as it was in the Middle Ages, in the way it was eaten in
 > the Middle Ages, there are a lot of options available, and very nearly
 > every last one of them is better than "Fabulous Feasts". I can think
 > of one book I would recommend _after_ "Fabulous Feasts".

I'm curious. So which medieval cookbook would you recommend "Fabulous
Feasts" ahead of?

Actually, from discussions here and from glancing through my copy, I
think the first half of the book is not that bad. It seems that the
recipes in "Fabulous Feasts" are the thing that most folks have a
problem with.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas