[Sca-cooks] food on St Val's day

Linda Anderson lpa1 at sunlink.net
Sun Feb 15 14:51:28 PST 2004

> > What did anyone else do for Valentine's Day?
> >
> > Kiri
>

>We went to our Barony's biggest event this year (Ymir, for you Atlantians)
>and then split directly after evening court b/c even though the cook was
>quite good, it was our first wedding anniversary and so we wanted to do
>something special.  So we went to a restaurant called the Cosmopolitan that
>just opened up in Cary, for a four-course "Valentine's special" meal.  Was
>quite good, actually - the salad wasn't that special, but the steak tartare
>was yummy (it was the first time I had ever had it, and I was partially
>inspired by our recent discussions) as was the veal "Oscar" served with lump
>crab in bearnaise sauce and porcini mushroom risotto. Girard had an
>assortment of game birds done in various asian styles - pheasant in lo mein
>with shitae mushrooms, quail with chinese sausage stuffing, and roast duck
>over... something I forget.  Dessert was also quite good - it was a sampler
>including cheesecake and a "Baked Michigan", which was like a baked alaska,
>except not - start with a rich chocolate cake, add a scoop of sour cherry
>ice cream, then a layer of meringue, bake, then add a drizzel of
>chocolate/kirsch syrup...it was fabulous.
>

>Generys
=================

Am I the only one who wanted to bring out the blunderbuss and blast those
people more fortunate than I?
My keyboard needed to be replaced due to all the drool on it.
I had to reformat the hard drive because of the dragon fire I breathed on
it (dried the drool on the keyboard, at least).
How do I start up a "Feed the starving gourmand in PA" fund to get that
restaurant moved to near me?

sigh.  the things we suffer when we read a "cook's list".  sigh.

<G>

Linda in NE PA

I loved the discussion about the "Scottish Restaurant".  I didn't get it at
first- I admit. (for shame!)  my buddies in New Zealand refer to it as
"Mickey D's".
I don't know the author pilloried earlier but enjoyed the idea that no one
could figure out how "That accent came from Brooklyn" as priceless.