[Sca-cooks] P: Candied Lemon Peels

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Feb 16 07:21:17 PST 2004

Ok, so I have about 35 lemon peels soaking in water in the kitchen. I've
changed the water twice and figure that I will change it a couple more
times before candying them. But I have some questions.

Someone asked me "aren't candied lemon peels supposed to be dry?" And I
thought about it, and the fact that they are referred to as a 'sucket',
and eaten with 'sucket forks' and thought, wouldn't it be more usual for
them to be somewhat sticky, if you have to eat it with a fork?

Also, I've tried Le Menagier's recipe, which is the 8 days, 8 changes of
water and cook with honey one. I've helped other people with candying them
in Sugar; but what sugar candying recipes from period do people recommend?

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"But he's a human being and terrible things happen to him so attention
must be paid.... Attention, attention must finally be paid to such a
person."  -- Arthur Miller, _Death of a Salesman_