[Sca-cooks] lovage

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Mon Feb 16 10:44:09 PST 2004

Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa commented:

No, it's not factual. I don't know where this nonsense about Lovage
being celery seed started, but every reputable book will show that they
aren't the same. I suspect one of the cooking shows started it on their
website and it's just being copied.

Lovage isn't hard to grow-- if you don't have access to a garden, see if
you know anyone who does and wouldn't mind a six-foot background plant.
Buy a plant of it (you can get them through mailorder) and stick it in the
ground, make sure it doesn't shrivel up and die, and you are in
business... it's a perennial.
<<<<

For a bit more on lovage, see this file in the FOOD-VEGETABLES section of the Florilegium:
lovage-msg        (11K)  2/29/00    A medieval vegetable similar to celery.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/lovage-msg.html

Stefan