[Sca-cooks] catching drippings

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Feb 21 22:10:58 PST 2004

Kiri commented:
> I don't know if it has any bearing on this, but there are a number of
> recipes in the mid-Eastern books that call for something being baked
> under a piece of meat hung above it so that the fat from the meat can
> drip down into the item being baked.
Interesting. Can you give some examples of these Middle Eastern
recipes? Are the foods put under the meats breads or vegetables or
different items? Also, are these items being baked in an oven? Or
actually roasted, such as on spits near the fire? Since the dripping
are recognized now for the flavor they bring now, and I suppose then, I
can see that capturing and using these drippings would  often be done.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com