[Sca-cooks] Beets and backfiles was Beets

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 1 15:52:58 PST 2004

Johnnae,
Thanks for all of the references.  And, reading those, along with what Cariadoc says, I tend to agree with you.  And, since red beets are most readily available here...at least in beautiful downtown Prince Frederick, I'll probably stick with those.  Though I might give using the leaves a whirl sometime, when I can get them fresh locally.  I know a couple of Mennonite farmers who may grow them, and I might be able to get some from them.

Thanks all for the great discussion!!  This is what I really missed when I had to drop out...and has made me so really glad that I'm back.

Kiri