[Sca-cooks] taking a break, was Eggplant

Kathleen A. Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Mon Feb 2 07:23:50 PST 2004

--On Monday, February 02, 2004 9:34 AM -0500 Sandra Kisner
<sjk3 at cornell.edu> wrote:

>> hehehe... and i am just taking a break from doing my food for our
>> box-lunch auction at War Practice for the kingdom travel fund.  i am
>> usually good for pulling $20.   it's a hoot... the auctioneer is truly
>> over-the-top, and everyone has a grand time.  this year i am offering...
>> and it doesn't have to be period....
>
>          Sounds delicious!  Do any of the knights offer to sell their
> sword (or their saddle) to have enough to outbid others for your box
> lunch?

no, but the fencers were pooling their money.   the lunch went for $35, to
a lady who reeeeeeeeally wanted that pie! 8)

we made about $230 on 5 lunches.  not a bad take.

cailte

''Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy.''
                                                        W.B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Administrative Asst. II
UNM Freshman Admissions