[Sca-cooks] Nichol's garden nursery

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 2 08:27:41 PST 2004

> Do you have an address or something, to which a person could apply to
> get one of these catalogues?
> --maire, stuck with container gardening, but.....

Greetings,

I am working on compiling research for a paper on Period Container Gardening
hoping to encourage people in your exact situation. Even if you don't have
"huge tracts of land" you can garden in a period manner.

I have posted a bit of my in process research where people can see it. If
you feel like looking a pretty pictures feel free to at:
http://www.mindspring.com/~tripper/serena/Containers/

There is still some general gardening info on there too. From what I have
found the things grown in pots were mostly herbs and flowering plants. For
specifics here is an excerpt from The Four Seasons of the House of Cerruit:
"Marjoram
It is probably the delightful aroma of the marjoram plant that makes it so
pleasing to women, nearly all of whom grow it and care for it diligently in
the garden and in pots on the balcony or loggia."

So container garden away!

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva