[Sca-cooks]Domostroi was Beets

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Feb 4 07:13:28 PST 2004

LC has this one as well as others--
Domostroi / izdanie podgotovili V.V. Kolesov, V.V. Rozhdestvenskaia.
Sankt-Peterburg : Nauka, 1994.
399 p. :
Other printed editions are listed in the Pouncy version on pp. 256-257.
Apparently it circulated in manuscript form in long and short versions
for centuries before being printed.
Pouncy who did the abbreviated English version for Cornell University Press
 worked on it for her PhD dissertation at Stanford in the 1980's.

Johnnae