[Sca-cooks] Recent Test

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Feb 6 12:41:53 PST 2004

Also sprach lilinah at earthlink.net:
>No food content in this... sorry... but i just *had* to jump on the
>band wagon...
>
>I am another happy Mac user - since very early 1984...
>
>But i'm still darned annoyed at all the virus/worm related junk i
>have to keep throwing away.
>
>Anahita
>who has worked on a systems before there were "portable computers"
>(that's what "PC" means) in universities and offices (remember "time
>sharing"?), computers i don't even remember from before the Mac (DEC
>Rainbow?), on a large networked UNIX system when networking
>computers was an experiment (where would be be without that now?),
>on several Apples, and on computers that ran a variety of MicroSoft
>OSs from DOS to various incarnations of Windows

As much as it pains me to say it, 100% of all the virus/worm spam,
spam bounces addressed to me in response to messages I never sent,
and responses to spam I never sent out (and could not have sent out)
_all_ have come to the address I use almost exclusively for SCA
listservs. And 2 + 2 = what?

So far, for the past couple of days, a simple change of
address/mailbox, then unsubbing and resubbing under the new address
for all mailing lists, has been completely effective.

Eventually, some bot or other will get hold of my current address
from somebody's address book, and it'll start again. In which case
I'll return, again, to my prior address (my new address is my old one
from the last time this happened).

It would have been a real pain if the address I use for non-SCA stuff
had been affected, but I've been lucky, use a faux address for
UseNet, and am not on any non-SCA listservs.

Adamantius