[Sca-cooks] Colonial 17th Century House News

UlfR ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Sat Feb 7 21:39:14 PST 2004

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com <ranvaig at columbus.rr.com> [2004.02.07] wrote:
> From what I heard, they didn't want anyone that actually KNEW
> anything about the time.  It wouldn't be as funny that way.

Same for the Survivor type shows; they would drop any real wilderness
survival expert like a hot rutabaga[1]. Those shows have very little to do
with what they overtly claim to be about. Their actual subject matter is
constant; office politics, in-fighting, drama, and preferably at least
some implied sex.

UlfR
 who've never figured out why people engage in the first three, and
 prefer the last one in person rather than second hand

[1] Imagine the lack of Drama and Anguish when a couple of us kill and
butcher a sheep, Adamantius cook parts of it while others set up the
smoke-house to keep the rest of the sheep from going bad. Bad televison,
poor ratings (not even Olwen making obscene^Wsofisticated marzipan
figures from scratch would save it).

UlfR Ketilson                               ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck in places even more inaccessible