[Sca-cooks] waffles

AEllin Olafs dotter aellin at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 8 18:43:21 PST 2004

Yes. They served them at the Belgian Exhibit. With whipped cream, and I
think fruit... maybe ice cream. They were unlike any waffles I'd ever
heard of, but my mother (who knew everything - if that gives you a clue
to my age at the time *G*) told us about them before we went. They had a
wonderful carousel, there, too - beautiful horses and it went faster
than any other!

I had a very Intrepid Mother... we went to the World's Fair quite often.
Enough to have Favorite Exhibits and return to them. The other food
items I remember was Maryland Clam Chowder at (logically) the Maryland
exhibit - tomato based like Manhattan but spicier - and the Smorgasbord
at the Swedish exhibit. Our favorite lunch and dinner, respectively.

AEllin