[Sca-cooks] Tests, Argan oil, What else??

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Feb 11 09:10:45 PST 2004

> Does anyone on this list still talk about food??  I know we are a group of
> friends, and that even I have gone astray, but I don't know how all this non
> foodie talk has grown to a chat room.  Anyone besides Bright Hills doing a
> feast this weekend?

I'm still shopping and doing pre-cook for my feast NEXT weekend, the
Conviviencia. Olwen, the 10 day forecast for Lancaster looks promising--
will you be there with Marzipan?

I need to make sugar syrup to mix with pomegranate molasses, and lemon
syrup, and coriander comfits, and hais. I also need to find my kitchen
table so I can do some of this there! Then I have to pack to take stuff to
my mom's this weekend when we do some of the shopping-- Mom's will be home
base for the feast. :)

To make sugar syrup for the drinks, should I start with 3 parts water to 4
parts sugar, or 1 part water to 1 part sugar?

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"For so many years gentle has been equated with weakness, but it requires
more strength to be gentle, so it's the everyday encounters of life that I
think we've prepared children for and prepared them to be good to other
people and to consider other people." -- Bob Keeshan (Capt. Kangaroo)