[Sca-cooks] The eating of meat in America

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 04:48:59 PST 2004

--- Wanda Pease <wandap at hevanet.com> wrote:
> No.  I can't imagine why it would, although I
> might have a better excuse for
> avoiding deep fried brain sandwiches as
> described in LA area on PBS :-)

???  Are you speaking of LA as in Los Angeles or
as in Louisiana?  'Cos I live in the Los Angeles
area and I have never heard of this before.

> have a much better chance of dieing of Malaria
> or West Nile Virus carried by
> mosquitoes here in the us.  In fact I might
> have a better chance of dieing
> of Bubonic plague (I understand there are about
> 5 cases a year - supposedly
> endemic in the golden ground squirrel
> population in California.

The Golden Mantled Ground Squirrel ranges from
British Columbia down through the Rockies, the
Sierra Nevada, the Klamath and Cascade Mountains.
They are all over the Pacific Northwest and
Southwest and so has the plague.

Even more
> people get hit by lightening!

But wouldn't it be more period to catch the
plague?  :-)

> For those who have given up beef - more for the
> rest of us on Atkins :-)

I just heard a news story that Dr. Atkins died of
heart problems due to being overweight.  They say
he was about 280 when he died.  So Dr. Atkins
couldn't keep on his own diet?  Ironic.

Huette

> Regina 33 pounds and counting!

=====