[Sca-cooks] soda bread with corn meal

Kathleen A. Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Fri Feb 13 06:52:00 PST 2004

checked my 'little history of irish food' last night.   yeppers.... the
modern recipe sounds like corn bread waiting to happen tho they refer to
corn flour.

19th century references use maize meal, corn meal and corn flour.   all
with less that stellar adjectives.

i'd try it... just for giggles, but corn has been playing heck with my
system ever since we went on atkins and keep on a modified form.

if any brave souls want to try it, i will furnish you the recipe.
cailte

''Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy.''
                                                        W.B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Administrative Asst. II
UNM Freshman Admissions