[Sca-cooks] from a newbie

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Feb 13 22:20:51 PST 2004

Linda asked:
> When did potatoes become available in Europe?  did they really come
> from
> the Andes and the conquest of the Incas?
Are you asking about white potatoes or sweet potatoes? I assume the
former. Potatoes have come up here many times. Yes, they originally
came from the New World.
Take a look at this file in the FOOD-VEGETABLES section of the
Florilegium for more information on these foods.
potatoes-msg      (87K)  6/ 6/02    Period white and sweet potato use.
Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/potatoes-msg.html
> Linda
> no nom yet nor a Barony or anything else
Welcome to the SCA and to this SCA-Cooks maillist!
You might be interested in looking in the NEWCOMERS and the PERSONA
sections of the Florilegium. And with over 1800 other files on a wide
variety of SCA and medieval subjects, perhaps you will find some other
files of interest to you.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas