[Sca-cooks] Oxen and ox driving

Betsy Marshall betsy at softwareinnovation.com
Sat Feb 14 08:55:27 PST 2004

Does this mean we could train cows to herd each other?!?
(grin) Pyro

>     They are amazing to watch work as well.  They follo verbal
> commands, and
> only those meant for them.  The Ox driver will proceed his command
with
> their name if it is only meant for one.
Wow, that shows more intelligence than I would have suspected of
cattle. An overview article of ox driving in the Middle Ages might make
a good article or perhaps A&S contest entry. I suspect that this is a
skill that is rapidly dying out. It might even make a good persona. But
alas it isn't as flashy as what most people are looking for.

Stefan