[Sca-cooks] Re: That Scottish restaurant

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 15 10:45:45 PST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Tara Sersen Boroson <tara at kolaviv.com>
:)  Thanks!  Funny, I think I stole that euphemism from someone on this list.  I don't remember who or when exactly, I just know I saw it somewhere and I think it was here.

I think the reference is from the movie "Time After Time", in which H.G. Wells travels to 1979 in pursuit of Jack the Ripper, who has stolen the prototype Time Machine.  In one funny scene, Wells eats in a McDonald's, which he later refers to as "the Scottish place where I had breakfast -- McDougal's".

Brighid ni Chiarain