[Sca-cooks] Fw: more food challenges!- Angostura Bitters

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sun Feb 15 12:43:23 PST 2004

Also sprach karobert at unm.edu:
>and hiccups.... angostura bitters on a spoonful of sugar was an old
>family remedy for the hiccups when i was a kid.
>
>didn't much like the taste then... do now.

I used to work for a guy named Mark May, who made a sauce for gilled
calves' liver with a carrot/stock reduction, cream, rosemary, and
bitters. It was surprisingly good, but you could only eat about three
or four ounces of it anyway before your entire body sorta went,
"BLUMMMMPHHH".

Extremely rich...

Adamantius