[Sca-cooks] Fw: more food challenges!- Angostura Bitters

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Feb 15 20:10:04 PST 2004

Angostura Ltd. is alive and well and webbed at www.angostura.com.  The site
has recipes.  The company was having some problems with EU tariffs early in
2003, but that shouldn't have caused them to go under.

Angostura Bitters are an aromatic elixir made from gentian root and other
ingredients originally produced at Agnostura, Venezuela in the early 1820's.
Manufacturing moved to Trinidad around the turn of the 20th Century.

You should be able to find Agnostura Bitters with the mixers in any
supermarket or at any bartending supply store.  I remember seeing them at
Albertson's just last year when I was stocking part of the bar.

Bear