[Sca-cooks] Partly OP: Brown vs. white rice?

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Feb 16 06:33:49 PST 2004

> 1.  Rice wasn't grown in northern Europe in period, and all of the rice
> they ate was imported from the far east.  Polished rice would have been
> sent to prevent it from spoiling on the trip.

Not to disagree with your theory, but I seem to recall rice was being
grown in Italy and some other parts of the mediterrean in period.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"But he's a human being and terrible things happen to him so attention
must be paid.... Attention, attention must finally be paid to such a
person."  -- Arthur Miller, _Death of a Salesman_