[Sca-cooks] Partly OP: Brown vs. white rice?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Feb 16 10:43:07 PST 2004

There was considerable trade from England and the northern European seaports
into the Mediterranean.  Until it turned Protestant under Henry the Eighth,
England would have been freely trading with any of the Catholic countries it
wasn't at war with.  Even then, the English could have continued trading
with the Moslems, as they did for sugar and spices.

Bear