[Sca-cooks] cookbook ratings

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Feb 16 14:56:35 PST 2004

The Pepperidge Farm Cookbook has the great recipe
in it for pumpkin pie which it says appears in Platina
which is odd because pumpkins are very new world
and Platina was first printed in 1475 prior to the various
voyages to the Americas.
It all turns in that instance on the new world pumpkin being
given the name of an older world gourd.... same word-- different foodstuff.

Johnnae