[Sca-cooks]Candied Lemon Peel

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Feb 16 15:47:56 PST 2004

I actually make a crystallized peel which is based on De Serres. I want
something
that fits the description that it will keep boxed for a year. There's a
number of variations
to these recipes depending on if one wants a soft sucket that's
preserved in syrup,
a soft candied peel that will be eaten right away or a peel that keeps.
Right now I am
doing a softer grapefruit peel in sugar syrups and I think it will end
up as a wet sucket,
because it seems to work that way. I have three varieties of oranges and
two other peels
being candied and more peels saved back. It's winter; I am candying.
I have to go make dinner right now, but when I get back on eventually
I'll post
some of the original recipes that I have collected on lemons.

Johnnae