[Sca-cooks] Valentine's Day dinner.

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 16 18:48:38 PST 2004

I was helping out at the SCA presentations at a 3-day gaming con.
Mostly i was room sitting - we had a room with armor that folks lent
so con attendees could handle it and try it on as well as some live
steel on a wall panel that visitors could NOT handle unless a SCAdian
was there with them, and SCA "literature", etc. Various folks gave
talks about stuff they thought might be of interested to con
attendees. When there wasn't a talk, someone needed to be there to
make sure no one walked off with stuff that wasn't their own, or
mishandled stuff.

Outside were two 2- or 3-hour demos each day, fighters fighting each
other, some pseudo-D-and-D scenarios, so gamers could see how
difficult it is to sneak around silently in armor, or fight a monster
in the dark, and finally kids were given a smallish SCA weapon, a
small shield, and goggles and went up against a fighter who had a
very soft foam weapon, so they could see how hard it was to actually
fight.

I had a meal in the hotel with friends each day.

So much for Valentine's Day

Anahita